Your rental agreement allows for unlimited travel within the New England area, covering MA, NH, ME, RI, CT, or VT. Rental requests for travel beyond the specified New England areas are strictly prohibited and will not be approved.
Please note: rentals MUST be returned to the original rental location (i.e. round-trip). One-way rentals are not available.
Military / Veteran Discount
Harbro thanks you for your service.
Our Rental Policies:
Age and Additional Driver Policies:
- All renters must be at least 21 years old.
- Drivers under the age of 25 will incur an additional "underage" driver fee of $15.00 per day.
- One additional driver may be added to the rental contract for a fee of $10 per day.
- All additional drivers must meet the same age and licensing requirements as the primary renter.
- To add an extra driver, please inform our rental staff at the time of pick-up or during the reservation process.
Insurance and Security Deposit Policies:
- Renters are required to show proof of an active full-coverage automobile insurance policy at the time of rental. Requests without proof of full-coverage insurance will not be honored. Depend-A-Car does not offer supplementary insurance coverage.
- Upon rental initiation, a $250 security deposit will be placed on a major credit card, in addition to the rental charges.
- Bank-issued Debit Cards are accepted but necessitate full upfront payment, along with the $250 security hold.
- Unfortunately, prepaid cards (such as Chime or Acorns) and gift cards are not accepted.
Insurance Claim and Cleaning Policies:
- We are equipped to handle insurance claim rentals.
- Please note that during the claims process, the driver is responsible for all taxes, fees, and rate overages associated with the rental.
- Kindly provide your claim information when scheduling your rental request.
Smoking and Pets Policy:
- For the comfort and safety of all our renters, smoking and pets are strictly prohibited in our rental vehicles.
- Please be advised that a $299 cleaning fee will be applied for any violations of this policy.
Rental Duration and Late Return Policies:
- Rentals are based on 24-hour cycles, with a minimum one-day charge.
- It is essential to return the vehicle by the same time it was rented or earlier to stay within the designated rental duration and avoid any additional charges.
- A grace period of up to 4 hours is provided for the return of the rental vehicle.
- Rentals returned within this time frame will not incur additional charges.
- However, if the vehicle is returned more than 4 hours late, an extra day charge will be applied to the rental.
- It is essential to adhere to the agreed-upon return time to avoid any late fees.